Thursday, April 10, 2008

Licking the wounds...

Am I late to the blogging game? Probably yes, but hey, with the playoffs here and the Sens playing like they want to be criticized, I figured I'd jump on the "arm-chair-quarterback" bandwagon.

After watching the game last night, I'll say this - good on the Pens for winning game one. That being said, I don't think anyone predicted Ottawa to sweep the series. I'm still convinced we can win, especially with Darth Gerber returning to form. Some may ask "So returning to form means allowing four goals???" But in the last few months, there were often times when you could fault Gerber for many of the Senator goals. In last nights game, I'd argue that while the first goal was soft, he didn't really have much of a chance/support on the rest. I think that this will give the players confidence heading into game 2.

I may be reaching for straws here, but hey, do you blame me??


Update on A-Train: Team 1200 was reporting this morning on the drive-in show that he'll be back next game. This is pretty incredible if you look at the quote from the guys at The Pensblog:


"Unfortunately for the Sens, a potentially momentum-changing save by Gerber on Hossa was wiped out when Anton Volchenkov took a Evgeni Malkin slapshot to the head.


With all the hate we have for the Senators, you don't want to see players hurt.

Don't care who you are, that's not good.


If a normal personal gets hit by that puck, they're dead."

Fortunately for us, the one thing Volchenkov HASN'T been accused of is being 'normal'.

Oh, and Gary Roberts... why? What did we ever do to you? You know what? I don't care - fuck you! Fuck you Gary Roberts!


Anyway, I hope we stick around long enough for me to throw out my useless comments about the team that people start reading it!

No comments: